Dr MacVie graduated in medicine at the University of Western Australia. She completed specialist ophthalmology training in Western Australia and gained Fellowship to the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists.
MEET THE TEAM
Dr Olivia MacVie
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, UWA
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (2011)
Advanced Subspecialty Training
- Bristol Eye Hospital, Bristol, UK
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
- Royal Free Hospital, London UK
- Fred Hollows Foundation, Kathmandu Nepal, Hanoi Vietnam and Alice Springs, Australia.
Dr MacVie specialises in cataract surgery and general ophthalmic conditions and has a special interest in conditions of the eyelids and lacrimal system including
- Cataract surgery
- Eyelid malposition’s (ptosis, entropion, ectropion)
- Periocular tumour excision and reconstructions
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Lacrimal drainage problems (watery eyes)
Dr MacVie is a surgeon at
- Subiaco Eye Hospital
- Perth Eye Hospital
- Southbank Day Surgery
She is also a consultant ophthalmologist at
- Royal Perth Hospital
- Perth Children’s Hospital
She was awarded the prestigious Fred Hollows Foundation Fellowship which took to her to work in Nepal, Vietnam and Alice Springs where she took part in skills exchange with local ophthalmologists gaining skills in small incision manual cataract surgery and developing world ophthalmology.
She has an ongoing affiliation with the Fred Hollows Foundation and volunteers in education programs in developing nations.
She has presented at multiple international conferences and published in numerous peer-reviewed medical journals. She also serves on committees of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists. She regularly gives educational lectures to optometrists, medical professionals and surgeons in training.