Dr Wu graduated with honours from the University of Western Australia, and completed her specialist ophthalmology training in Melbourne and Perth. Dr Wu undertook the Fred Hollows Foundation Fellowship with Lions Outback Vision, providing clinical and surgical ophthalmic care in rural and remote Western Australia. She then pursued further advanced subspeciality training at the world-renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, United Kingdom.
MEET THE TEAM
Dr Xia Ni Wu
Dr Xia Ni Wu is an experienced comprehensive ophthalmic surgeon with sub-speciality interests in ocular inflammation and retinal diseases.
- Cataract surgery
- Pterygium surgery
- Infective and inflammatory diseases
- Inherited retinal dystrophies
- Macular degeneration
- Retinal vascular diseases (diabetic retinopathy, vein and arterial occlusions)
Dr Wu also accepts general ophthalmology referrals.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Honours), University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Medical Science (1st Honours), University of Western Australia
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO)
- Fremantle Hospital Eye Department
- South Street Eye Clinic, Leeming.
- St John of God Hospital, Subiaco.
- Fremantle Hospital
Research and Interests
Dr Wu believes in providing compassionate and up-to-date care tailored to each person’s needs and concerns. She has published extensively in peer-reviewed journals and has written a number of book chapters on ocular inflammation. Dr Wu has conducted large international multicentre research trials, and also presented at national and international conferences.
Dr Wu has a keen interest in teaching and regularly gives educational seminars to medical professionals, optometrists, training surgeons, and medical students.